Air Source Heat Pump - West of England - Aran Services Energy Efficient Insulation & Solar Installers for the UK
Air Source Heat Pumps
On average, air source systems offer savings of around 38% when compared to traditional gas fired central heating systems, and offer far more flexibility than other types of electric heating systems.
Aran Services is accredited to install Air Source Heat Pumps under the Low Carbon Building Programme, and installs only accredited equipment.
How Does it Work?
1. Using established refrigeration technology, air source heat pumps use the heat from the ambient air by compressing it to increase its temperature.
2. The heat then held in the refrigerant is passed via a heat exchanger to either underfloor or traditional radiator heat emitters and distributed around the building.
(Click the house diagram to the right to see an enlargement)
Whilst the units use electricity to power the compressor and other elements, the amount of energy extracted from the air averages out to approximately three times that required to power the unit, making air sourced heat pumps a viable alternative to traditionally powered central heating systems.
Systems can either be connected to existing radiator networks, or fitted in conjunction with under floor heating or new radiator circuits.
The units themselves are installed outside, close to a suitable external wall. The existing hot water cylinder is replaced with a high heat recovery coil cylinder.
Here is a list of our Frequently Asked Questions...
- How much does it cost?
- How much will installation cost me?
- How can air source heat pumps alleviate fuel poverty?
- Can I reduce my Carbon footprint by using an air source heat pump?
- How does the air source heat pump help reduce carbon emissions?
- What sorts of properties are suitable for an air source heat pump?
- How energy efficient is a heat pump and will it provide enough hot water for my needs?
- Will I save money by fitting an air source heat pump?
- Where is the heat pump stored?
- Are there any particular parts of the UK housing market for which the air source heat pump is most/least suitable?
- Can an air source heat pump be used in conjunction with other technologies?
- Do I need planning permission?
- Do they generate much noise?
- Do I need to monitor the temperature of my hot water?
- Will the system work with my existing radiators?
The Renewable Heat Incentive
The Renewable Heat Incentive or RHI started in 2013. Further details for grant funding to be announced! For information on The Renewable Heat Incentive and the RHI Premium Click Here
Aran Services offer an air source heat pump installation and servicing package covering the West of England.
Energy Conservation Services in the West of England:
- Air Source Heat Pump - West of England
- Cavity Wall Insulation in the West of England
- Energy Saving Grants for the West of England
- Energy Saving Requirements for Landlords in the West of England
- External Wall insulation Grants for the West of England
- High Rise Cavity Wall Insulation for the West of England
- Loft Insulation for the West of England
- Pay As You Save Energy Saving Finance in the West of England
- Solid Wall Insulation in the West of England